Tonya D. Futrell, CPA
Partner, Client Accounting and Advisory
Tonya is a Partner and oversees Client Accounting and Advisory Services for WellsColeman. In her role, she focuses over 19 years of experience on helping business owners make strategic financial decisions by assisting with and managing the accounting, bookkeeping, sales tax and payroll needs of our clients. Tonya enjoys watching business owners do more of what they love once they no longer have to worry about the day-to-day accounting. She is passionate about helping clients put accounting and bookkeeping processes in place, leveraging technology to increase efficiency and provide timely information, and consulting with businesses on strategic financial management. Tonya has experience with multiple industries, including medical practices, professional services, veterinary practices, real estate, and not-for-profits.
When not in the office, Tonya can be found outdoors running or hiking, reading, or spending time with her husband, two daughters and two puppies.
- Longwood University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an Accounting concentration
- Leadership Metro Richmond, Leadership Quest
- VSCPA Leadership Academy
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Bill.com Expert
- National Association of Women Business Owners Richmond, Board Member
- CREW Richmond, Member
- Girls on the Run of Greater Richmond, Treasurer (Former)
- Longwood University College of Business and Economics Alumni Advisory Board, Board Member (Former)