Clayton Jones, CFO
Director, Business Development
Clayton serves as the CFO and Business Development Director of WellsColeman. Clayton has over 12 years of experience in investment banking including capital raising, mergers and acquisitions and strategic advisory services. In addition to advising companies across multiple industries in financial forecasting and operational process improvement, he led the finance and operations functions for a private equity-backed real estate investment firm. A graduate of West Point, Clayton served six years in the U.S. Army, retiring as a Captain. Clayton has a passion for helping businesses succeed throughout their journey – from day-to-day operations, all the way to the point of selling a business – and he enjoys using his many connections to make that happen.
Clayton and his wife enjoy traveling in their free time. They can be found spending time enjoying the National Parks, with Bryce Canyon and Zion being two of their favorites. A recent addition to their family is their West Highland Terrier named Buddy.
- United States Military Academy, Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
- College of William & Mary, Master of Business Administration
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- HomeAgain, Board Member (Former)
- Veterans Legal Services, Board Member (Former)