J. Kenneth Timmons, Jr., CPA
Ken has advised clients for over 45 years with tax planning through his expertise in income and estate tax planning aspects of charitable trusts, private foundations and equitable distributions. He provides services to a broad range of clients from small closely-held companies to high-net-worth individuals. Ken is particularly passionate about income tax planning and compliance for real estate entities and professional service firms (physicians, attorneys, engineers and architects) and helping them achieve their goals. He previously served as WellsColeman’s tax partner and oversaw the firm’s comprehensive tax practice.
When not in the office, you can find Ken fly fishing, gardening, golfing or enjoying some relaxation time with his wife on the Eastern Shore.
- Davidson College, Bachelor of Arts in English
- University of Richmond, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, Member
- Former Board Member: Peoples Bank of Virginia, Virginia Opera, Manakin Episcopal Church, F&M Bank, The New Community School and Wilderness Experiences, Inc.