Marshall Northington serves as the Business Valuation partner for WellsColeman and is responsible for the firm’s business valuation practice. With over 40 years of public accounting experience, he primarily focuses on providing business valuation services for small and medium-sized businesses and organizations in a wide variety of industries. He has served businesses which include construction contractors, insurance agencies, wholesale distributors, real estate developers, food service providers, manufacturers, professional service providers and not-for-profit organizations. During his career, Mr. Northington has served clients in tax areas of business and individual income tax planning and preparation. He is qualified to perform peer reviews of auditing and accounting practices under the AICPA’s Peer Review Program. Mr. Northington is designated as an Accredited Business Valuator by the AICPA and as a Certified Valuation Analyst by the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts.
- Virginia Commonwealth University, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants, post board member and past president of Richmond chapter
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants Professional Ethics Committee, former member and past chairman
- Northside Baptist Church, deacon
- Named Super CPA for Assurance Services by Virginia Business in 2012
- Fulfilled all the requirements to be a Certified Valuation Analyst®