Tax Planning and Compliance
Planning to Help Limit your Current and Future Tax Liabilities
WellsColeman’s expertise in tax law planning truly sets our tax services apart as we strive to limit both current and future tax liabilities for our clients. We’ll work with you to develop a comprehensive strategy and action plan based on your business or individual needs, helping you achieve the best results.
Transactional Planning and Tax Reduction:
Tax consequences should be evaluated as part of the economic analysis of any significant prospective transaction. Year-end tax planning is the most common form of periodic planning. It includes a review of year-to-date transactions, tax-planning strategies for the remainder of the year, computation of projected tax liabilities, and preliminary planning for future transactions.
Comprehensive tax planning can guide decisions
Our involvement in shaping these transactions may substantially reduce your income tax liability. In addition, analysis of new tax legislation can provide further opportunities for tax savings.
Sometimes our clients must deal directly with the Internal Revenue Service or other taxing authority. It may be to request a ruling for a prospective transaction, respond to a tax notice, negotiate an installment payment of past due taxes, or undergo a tax audit. We have the experience and resources to work with the appropriate authorities in the best interests of our clients.
The avoidance of taxes is the only intellectual pursuit that carries any reward.
- Business Advisory and Consulting
- Business Start-up and Choice of Entity
- Business Income Taxes
- Business Problem-Solving
- Buy-Sell Agreement Structuring
- Corporation Elections, Partnerships, LLCs and Flow-Through Entities
- Cost Segregation Studies for Commercial Real Estate
- Lease/Buy Decisions
- Mergers and Acquisitions Consulting
- Multi-State Tax Planning
- Ownership Succession Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Sales and Use Tax
- State and Local Tax
- Tax-Exempt Organizations
- Year-end Bonuses
- Employee Benefits
- Adoption of Deferred Compensation Arrangements
- Estate and Succession Planning
- Executive Change-in-Control Planning
- Family Limited Partnerships
- Family Wealth and Estate Planning
- International Tax Planning and Expatriate Tax Returns
- Invevstment Analysis
- IRS Audits and Representation Before Taxing Authorities
- Personal Expenditure Management and Financial Planning
- Personal Financial Statment Preparation and Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Stock Options
- Tax Planning and Compliance
- Trust Accounting and Reporting